We are excited to resume in-person ministry to the preschool-age children on Sundays. Our ministry team is ready to greet and teach your children. We wanted to share with you the measures that we have taken to ensure your child’s safety each morning both with COVID and overall measures.
All volunteers will be wearing masks or shields, masks for children are highly recommended, however, they are not required. Volunteers and children are voluntarily having their temperature taken at the door to screen. Hand Sanitizing stations are in place in each room and at the entrance and exit of each ministry area. Ministry areas are sanitized after each use. Furniture has been minimized; only larger children’s classrooms are being used to allow social distancing. Hula hoops are used to create a warm welcoming environment and to aid children in staying within safe spaces. Two age groups (only) meet each week at 9:00. Sign-ups are required and a limited number of children in each age group can attend currently (i.e. 2-3’s = 5 and 4-5’s =10).
Dedicated supply boxes have been prepared. Your child will have their own supply box each week. These supply boxes will not be shared within the preschool group. Even the children’s snack is included in this supply box.
Signage is in place for handwashing, face masks and a reminder to all that if a child is not feeling well on a Sunday morning to not bring them into the ministry areas to protect and love our neighbors.
ONLINE SUNDAY SCHOOL:
Sunday School online over Zoom at 9:00 a.m every Sunday until we can be together again. It’s for kids and parents. It is really for anyone who wants to join! Click the link below to join. The link is the same every week through December 27th.
Meeting ID: 836 4256 4583
Midweek Preschool Bible Story Time 9:30 Wednesday Mornings.
In person ministry to preschoolers. Check Facebook and your email for location weekly.
Midweek Preschool Bible Story Time at 10:30 Wednesday Mornings:
Midweek Preschool Bible Story Time 9:30 Wednesday Mornings:
In person ministry to preschoolers, outdoors until it gets too cold!
Check Facebook and your email for location.
Jesus! That ‘s what kids ministry at First Baptist is all about. Kids Ministry at First Baptist is Christ-Centered. Our team, our time, our schedule, our special events, all our stuff is about Jesus, the heart of the Gospel! All of it is about teaching children to know, love, and follow Christ, God’s only Son, and our Savior all the days of their lives.
So how do we do this? We make a HUGE deal about these 8 things
- Digging into the Word of God each week. Classes are divided by smaller age groups – gifted teachers teach the children. It isn’t often that we sit them in front of a screen to learn.
- Weekly communicating the Gospel clearly and intentionally.
- Making much of God’s grace, mercy, and truth.
- Building relationships with kids and parents each week.
- Partnering with parents by connecting what we learn each Sunday to the home.
- Sharing God’s great mission for His people here and everywhere in the whole world. Love God, Love People & Make Disciples!
- Encouraging children to use their talents in ministry.
- Oh yeah, having lots of fun!
- All-Age Bible Lessons-This is a special Bible lesson for ALL AGES offered 3 times a year in the church fellowship hall. Praise, prayer, Bible teaching, and a resource table for every age are all part of this special time. An equipping piece for parents is offered during our all-age class.
- Nerf Wars – Fun nights for elementary boys grades 1-5. Fun, fellowship, devotions, and food!
- Girls Nights – Fun nights for girls grade 1-5 throughout the year themed, planned, and hosted by our elementary-age girls.
- VBS Camp – An all-day VBS day camp for kids 1st – 3rd grade, hosted at Whispering Pines Bible Camp. 5 full days of Gospel-centered learning, faith, fun, and friends! This year’s date is July 6th – 10th. Monday through Friday.
- TeamKID-Monday After School Discipleship Ministry
- Monday from 3:30-5:00.
- Kids In Discipleship
- TeamKID = Kids Learning about God, Using the Bible, Living for Jesus.
Children’s Ministry News
We are excited to resume in-person ministry to the preschool-age children on Sundays. Our ministry team is ready to greet and teach your children. We wanted to share with you the measures that we have taken to ensure your child’s safety each morning both with COVID...